Jack is dreading his summer vacation. His single mother is
working two jobs and he is left at home to take care of his autistic sister,
Maddy, who doesn’t talk much. When they go to the flea market gets tricked into
trading his mom’s only car for a mysterious box of seeds. Jack and Maddy start
planting what they think is a normal garden. However, after a few days they
notice that the plants are growing quickly and there are onion babies, pumpkins
that bite and a dragon appears. Jack, Maddy and Lilly (new friend) start having
to battle certain plants. The dragon warns him that he needs to destroy the
garden because it is evil. In the end Jack and Lilly are too late when the evil
monster takes Maddy away.
I actually liked this book, I thought it was neat to read and
the graphics were great. I like how Jack’s sister isn’t the “normal” little
sister and how Lily is home schooled. I would definitely recommend this book.
Hatke, Ben. (2016). Mighty
Jack. New York: First Second
To find out what happens to Jack, Lily and Maddy you can read the following:

No comments:
Post a Comment