Monday, January 29, 2018

Rules

     
 Image result for rules lord cynthia summary

Lord, C. (2008). Rules. NY: Scholastic.

This is a story of a 12 year old girl, Catherine, dragging her brother, David, to the car. David is autistic and Catherine does not understand what being normal is. She always worries about others making fun David, she does not feel comfortable going out in public with him due to the attention he receives. One day she goes to OT with David and befriends another boy with a disability however she can't bring herself to tell other about him because she is embarrassed. It isn't until she hurts his feelings does she realize that it is okay to befriend others who don't fit the norm.

I enjoyed this book, I didn't even  think that there were books about befriending others with disabilities. I like how this author is writing books about this topic it helps kids find acceptance and have a better self esteem. I definitely recommend this book to everyone. It is a MUST read!!

No comments:

Post a Comment