Thursday, June 28, 2018

Looking for Alaska

Image result for looking for alaska book
Miles is tired of living his boring life so he decided that he wants to go to boarding school in search of “The Great Perhaps.” He has a thing for memorizing the last words of famous people. When he gets to school he meets Alaska young, who is the girl of his dreams. She is smart, beautiful and strong-willed. Miles also makes friends as well as picking up the habit of smoking and drinking. Even though Miles makes out with a foreign exchange student, he is always dreaming of Alaska, she is his "Great Prehaps." Tragedy hits so Miles and his friends have come to terms with what happened in their own ways.

I honestly thought this book was boring. It dragged on and on. I actually found Alaska annoying with all the crying and mood swings. I’ve read other books by John Green that actually caught my interest but this one fell short for me. On a positive note the characters are well developed with their own witty personality. I did like how the book was written as a countdown to the main event and the countdown to 
overcome what happened. 

Green, J. (2005). Looking for Alaska. New York: Dutton Books.

Special Note: This book won the Michael L. Printz Award. 
Other books by this author are:
Image result for books by john greenImage result for books by john green

No comments:

Post a Comment