
This is a true story about Raina and her
how relationship with her sister, Amara, isn’t all peaches and cream. When Raina was an only child she would beg her parents for a little sister and they finally they delivered. Since
the day Amara came home they were complete opposites and have a hard time getting along. When
the family goes on a road trip to Colorado, Raina has flashbacks on her
memories growing up and how it was frustrating having a little sister. During the trip Raina finds Amara annoying and ignores her listening to her music. On top of not getting, the van breaks down, Raina runs out of batteries and
there’s a snake in the van. However throughout the trip they learn to
compromise and become closer.
I related to this book so much. I have two
younger sisters and I can see why Raina was always annoyed with Amara. I
enjoyed the illustrations they depicted the emotions that each family member
was going through. This book is a very charming, funny and good to read. I
couldn’t put it down.
Telgemeier, R. (2014). Sisters. New York: Graphix.
Special Note: Other books by Telgemeire are :

No comments:
Post a Comment