Friday, February 23, 2018

Rapunzel's Revenge

Image result for rapunzels revenge

Hale, S. (2008). Rapunzel's revenge. New York: Bloomsbury.

This is a new take on the original Rapunzel story that is set in the Old West. Rapunzel's life is perfect she lives in a gorgeous villa, servants, guards and strong and powerful mother named Mother Gothel. It isn't until she climbs over the walls of her villa does she come to realization that her mother isn't as good as she thought. Beyond the walls lies a wasteland with starving slaves. Rapunzel meets her real mother who is a slave. Her mother tells her how Mother Gothel took her away. Rapunzel then confronts Mother Gothel and is then sent away and imprisoned in a tree. She escapes and her plan is to get revenge on Mother Gothel while saving her mother.

This is a neat graphic novel. There is humor within the the story, the artwork is amazing and it is a has a different twist to the original. I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this book because I am a huge fan of the classic tale of Rapunzel. However, I wasn't disappointed with this version I would recommend it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment