
Curtis, C. P. (1995). The Watsons Go to Birmingham, 1963. NY: Delacorte.
This story takes place in 1963 in Flint, Michigan, about a family who stick with it through the good times and the bad times. In any family where there are siblings, they tend to irritate and hate one another but in the end they love and care for each other. This story is written through the eyes of Kenny, the younger brother, who is constantly being bullied. The Watson family, have a troubled son, Bryon, and their last resort is take him to down to Birmingham, Alabama to live with his strict grandmother. While in Birmingham, there is a church bombing where Kenny goes thorough a traumatic experience and his bully of an older brother helps him through it.
I did not really enjoy this book as much as I though I would to be honest. In no way am I saying to not read it but, for some reason it did not connect to me. It is a decent book in my opinion, it does connect to a historical time in the American History which I did like. There is also happens to be a movie that goes with the book.
Movie Trailer
No comments:
Post a Comment