Friday, February 16, 2018

The Crossover


The Crossover

Alexander. K. (2014). The Crossover. BostonNew York: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 

This is the story of a normal African American family that deal with their struggles, sickness and death. The Bell twin Josh and Jordan are very close to their father, who was one that taught them how to play basketball. Josh and Jordan start having different interests besides basketball because they are getting older. This causes them to a have rift between each other. This story is written in Josh's point of view, and the is coping with the struggles of adolescence and his constant competition with his brother.  

I actually enjoyed this book. When I first opened it and saw it was written as a poem I thought to myself, "Oh great, this is going to take forever to finish," I am not into reading poems. The poem is free verse, there is hip-hop and different fonts. I think this book will get the attention of young readers because the way it is written is relatable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment